TechUnit, what’s this?
The TechUnit is an extremely important component of the ambiotex shirt. The slender plastic case can be fixed to the shirt – or removed – in one simple move and is compatible with any ambiotex shirt. Direct contact of hardware and shirt permits the collection and exchange of biometric data. Data will be stored, analyzed and then sent to the smartphone app.
The TechUnit consists of the following components:
- Rechargeable battery (life approx. 24 hours = approx. 4-5 weeks of average use)
- Electronic circuit featuring a movement sensor
- Bluetooth Smart to send the data received by the Hardware to the app (compatible with iOS and Android)
- Data will be stored for 24 hours (without direct contact to the app)
- Processor for the TechUnit software
The software was developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS. This allows:
- Analysis of the sinus rhythm of the heart in real-time
- For the first time, determination of the heart rate variability during motion
- 1024 Hz o. 1ms resolution
- 99,1% accuracy
The TechUnit can transfer the data to the smartphone via Bluetooth. When training without mobile device, data is first recorded on a data memory and later transferred to the smartphone. Storing and evaluation of the data allow an individual training plan of each user as well as the increase of the training efficiency.